The Site Electrical Engineer is a member of the supervision services team. He acts as a technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, contractors and site team. The jobholder monitors site progress and makes sure that the work carried is as per K&A specification and QC procedures. He processes daily site information, such as Submittals, RFI's and Shop drawings.
- - Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality.
- - Support Project Team with managing client relations and expectations, as needed
- - Support Project Team with responding to client clarifications on technical and contractual issues, as needed
- Support Project Team with organizing inspections by third parties, as needed
- - Ensure client satisfaction with construction supervision services
- - Review shop drawings, materials submittals and bills of quantities for accuracy of calculations. Notify the Associate Project Manager of any discrepancies
- - Closely work with the project team to carry out all inspection subject to the daily form submitted by contractor
- - Ensure that the materials are according to the approved materials submittals
- - Attend technical and progress meetings to discuss and share relevant information for the smooth progress of the construction project
- - Monitor site progress; make sure that the work carried on site is as per K&A specification and QC procedures. Notify the Contractor of any necessary revisions.
- - Review the contractor payment and compare the percentages submitted by the contractor with the actual on site. Raise any discrepancies to the Contractor for action.
- - Issue letters, site instructions and NCR, as necessary.
- - Implement corporate policies and procedures
- - Attend periodic training to further develop relevant skills
- § Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- § Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred
- § Knowledge of construction supervision services
- § Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
- § Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- § Good communication skills
- § Good planning and organization skills
- § Strong attention to details
- § Strong time management skills
- § Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English
- § 3+ years of experience in an engineering function in a contracting company or a construction supervision function.