The Associate Project Manager is a senior member of the Buildings team in K&A. He is responsible for the management of non-complex design projects, including team management, technical management, schedule and cost control, quality management, risk management and client management throughout the project lifecycle. He is accountable for the delivery of non-complex “Architecture” design projects in accordance with project budgets and schedules while satisfying all technical and quality projects requirements. While doing so, the jobholder is the main client counterpart and ensures client requirements are handled in a professional manner, while maintaining a positive and reputable company image in all interactions. The jobholder is expected to progressively support and work on more complex projects, as needed. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the project management space and adopt best project management practices, where applicable.
- Manage non-complex design projects, including schedule and cost control, team management, client management and risk management, and support Project Managers on more complex projects, as needed
- Develop project management plans, including schedule baselines, project scope baselines, man-hour estimates, quality plans, budgets and risk plans for non-complex Buildings design projects
- Develop scope baseline, detailed work breakdown structures, project activities and critical path charts for non-complex Buildings design projects
- Provide input on project procurement needs, including external specialty suppliers, as needed
- Lead internal and external project kick-off meetings and ensure stakeholders are aligned
- Manage the design teams during the execution of non-complex design projects across all design stages, including concept design, schematic design, draft final design and construction documents
- Coordinate with technical design team leaders for addressing clients’ technical issues, reviewing designs, obtaining approvals, etc. for non-complex Buildings design projects
- Lead the coordination with other design departments to integrate designs at all stages (e.g. Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Buildings, etc.) for non-complex Buildings design projects
- Support QS with preparation of tender documents, such as BOQs, specifications, Conditions of Contract, etc.
- Manage sub-consultants and ensure deliverables are in accordance with scope, schedule and budget
- Perform quality assurance and ensure the quality of design deliverables is consistent with K&A standards
- Guide design verification, peer reviews and other quality control activities
- Lead design validation and reviews with client counterparts and authorities, as needed
- Provide support during the tender process, including managing bid queries, support in evaluation of bids and support of clients during the negotiation and award process, as needed
- Support during the supervision stage, as needed, including responding to contractors’ RFIs and solving design conflicts, in coordination with local design support teams
- Work with design support in Geographies to support projects, such as client coordination, authorities approvals
- Liaise with the Contracts Department to resolve any contractual issues for non-complex projects, as needed
- Manage changes in project scope, potential risks and contingency plans, as needed
- Guide the preparation of invoices for K&A’s deliverables, in coordination with Resident Managers and local Finance teams
- Prepare periodic project progress reports, raising major issues to the Director / Senior Manager - Project Management and the Infrastructure Project Control Unit
Qualification, Technical Skills and Competencies Required to Execute this Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration is preferred
- Good Knowledge of buildings and architectural design
- Solid knowledge in all aspects of project management
- Strong budget management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Good understanding of quality control and risk management
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior management, clients and various departments
Experience Required to Execute this Role
- 8+ years of industry experience in building and architectural design of which at least 5 years are in Project Management .
- Experience for Projects in Gulf countries will be preferred.
- PMP certification is a must.