The Senior Project Urban Planner leads the delivery of urban Master Plans development projects. He/she works closely with a multi-disciplinary team to produce the urban planning and design, considering natural, social, economic and built environment characteristics. The jobholder has a key role in coordination between different specialists and design disciplines on urban planning projects, such as transportation, landscaping, geotechnical, water & environment, power, telecommunication, etc. and develop graphics deliverables, including 3D views, animations, maps, sections, plans, and sketches, reflecting. The candidate will be based in Beirut but will be required to travel to the countries where the company operates.
- Work closely with Specialists on the market and socio-economic surveys and on developing preliminary feasibility and benchmarking studies for medium complexity projects
- Support site analysis, including land use, infrastructure networks, morphology, views, density, site accessibility natural environment analysis, including topography, hydrology, soil, geotechnical, etc.
- Support preliminary transportation analysis, including accessibility, traffic impact, pedestrian mobility, parking, etc.
- Participate with Project Managers in client presentations and workshops for medium complexity projects, as needed
- Develop conceptual Master Plan design alternatives, including land use, transportation, morphology, road design, plot subdivision strategy, green network design, water and sewage networks, power and telecom networks for medium complexity projects
- Develop comparative analysis between proposed design alternatives and prepare reports outlining the comparative impact and SWOT analysis of design alternatives, and refine selected design alternatives for medium complexity projects, road networks, density, green network, plot subdivision, pedestrian network
- Coordinate the development of road designs and traffic impact studies with transportation teams, as well as wet utilities, power supply and telecom networks with respective teams
- Work closely with Specialists on the development of Environmental Impact Studies, and on final statistical analyses, financial analyses and feasibility studies
- Develop implementation strategy, including phasing plans, as per financial and technical consideration
- Guide the production of final 3D views, animations, and other marketing materials, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies
- Master’s Degree in Urban Planning with a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture or other related disciplines
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic, French is a plus
Experience Required to Execute this Role
- 8+ years of experience in urban planning in a top tier regional/multinational engineering consultancy firm, specifically in an urban planning role
- Exposure to large scale development projects comprising Transport planning and traffic impact studies, and natural environment impact analysis
- Knowledge of land use planning, urban morphology, density distribution, service distribution, design guidelines, and urban regulation
- Familiarity with sustainability approaches (LEED or equivalent is preferable)
- Experience with market assessment, financial analyses, and feasibility studies