K&A Engineering Consultants, India, member of the K&A Global Holding is one of Middle East’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies. K&A is ranked #8 in the Middle East and #41 globally in the Top International Design Firms. Our Energy Business established for over three decades provides consultancy, engineering, detail design and field support services to clients for planning, implementation, operation, performance and management of Electrical Transmission & Distribution Networks in the Middle East and Africa. In view of our growth plans we currently have an opening for Airfield Lighting Engineer in our subsector Electrical Distribution for overseas projects delivered from our office in Bangalore, India.
The selected candidate will be part of Power & Renewables team and will be key to deliver airfield lighting and helipad lighting projects. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to grow their career with a well-known MNC engineering consultant.
- Work as part of K&A Power & Renewables team
- Delivery of Airfield Lighting projects.
- Day to day liaison with our global PMs and engineers to ensure project deliverables are developed in accordance with client scope, budget, time schedules and quality requirements.
- Diligent check and review of the deliverables to assure quality.
- Support the technical development specialised lighting techniques
- Provide support to preparation of proposals, case studies and project presentations.
- Independently carryout Airfield Lighting Engineering for Civil and Military airport and Helipads.
Independently carryout the following engineering aspects.
- Rules, Regulations & Guidelines
- Standards and recommended practices
- AGL Documentation
- Aerodrome Day Markings
- Series Circuit
- AGL Control Arrangements
- Constant Current Regulators
- Mains Isolating Transformers
- AGL Chromaticity
- AGL Illumination and Photometrics
- Runway Lighting
- Taxiway Lighting
- Visual Approach Path Indicators
- Runway End Identifier Systems
- Apron Floodlighting Arrangements
- Apron Earth Points
- Obstacle Lighting
- Illuminated Wind Direction Indicators
- Portable Airport Lighting
- Standby Generating Plant
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical Engineering from a recognized University.
- Minimum 7 years relevant design experience in engineering environment with Vendors, Contractors or Design Consultancies.
- Able to independently work on project deliverables from base design stage to detailed designs
- The ability to develop effective solutions to engineering challenges.
- Working knowledge of software ETAP & MS office
- Knowledge of IEC/IEEE Standards
- Excellent English communication skills within the engineering environment
- Demonstrable track record of technical achievement and client satisfaction within the lighting industry.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
- Willingness to travel to Middle East and African Countries for short term assignments
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments
- Ability to build rapport with customers and colleagues
- Well-motivated and able to work as part of a team or on individual assignments as required
- Able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative