Senior Acoustics Consultant (Building/Environmental Acoustics)
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in acoustic modelling software either for environmental noise or building acoustics.
- All types of buildings and environmental acoustics analysis and prediction. This may also include the use of noise modelling and prediction software such as Cadnaa, CATT Acoustics, Sound Design, SounPLan, etc.
- preparing drawings and writing technical reports or design information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel and mathematical software
- Experience in both building and environmental acoustic design.
- Experience of work in 3D computational environments, e.g. Revit.
- Experience in the development of bespoke software analysis routines or tools.
- Strong organisational skills.
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor Degree in Acoustics/Architect/Mechanical/Civil Engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience in acoustic consultancy (Building/Environmental Acoustics).
- Tertiary qualification(s) / Diploma in Acoustics and/or Noise Control Degree in acoustics or a related subject.
- Membership of the Institute of Acoustics (IOA) or similar.