This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organizational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.
- As an ITS Manager ensure existing ITS systems are maintained during construction and installation of the temporary and permanent systems
- Ensure installation, testing, and switchover of the temporary and permanent systems does not impact operations of the existing systems
- Review installation plans for compatibility with the existing infrastructure and confirm installation can be achieved as planned
- Coordinate work with private utilities and subcontractors to achieve completion of work areas in accordance with the master schedule
- Examine and interpret construction plans, schedules, and quantities to ensure quality construction processes and procedures that include but are not limited to fiber trunk line, CCTV, Over Height Detectors, Traffic Counters, DMS installation, etc.
- Coordinate construction inspection staff in functional areas such as construction inspection, surveying, and material sampling, and testing
- Coordinate subcontractor work with owner representatives
- Report progress of work, construction issues, etc.
- Verify that work is performed safely and in accordance with the project plans and specifications
- Coordinate subcontractor field verification of existing owner ITS infrastructure
- Review subcontractor installation plans for completeness and conformance with the Technical Requirements
- Review subcontractor outage plans for completeness and coordination with the owner s requirements
- Travel from Project office to various on-/ off-site locations
- Bachelors degree in a related field (Electrical or Electronics and Communication) or 15 years of systems testing and integration experience
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering and construction methods, materials, and equipment
- Experience in reading and interpreting ITS construction plans
- Experience in contract administration ensuring projects are constructed in accordance with standards and specifications
- Experience in the supervision, coordination, and training of technicians and sub-consultants to achieve project goals
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office) – Must be an Excel expert
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written form
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Professional Engineer certification
- Minimum 5 years of ITS construction experience