The Design Landscape Architect participates in the delivery of non-complex landscaping design projects. He works closely with Project Managers and design teams to develop different landscape design options and to refine selected designs across the project design cycle, including conceptual landscape designs, preliminary, final detailed designs and tender documents for non-complex landscape design projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
- Support data collection from all concerned entities in collaboration with local teams, including climate, meteorology, soil specifications, water sources, local species, natural hazards, etc.
- Develop a data inventory system and archive necessary data to share with project team members, as needed
- Analyse collected data and identify main design constraints and key challenges, and periodically meet with design teams of other specialisations to integrate landscape design constraints, as needed
- Support the production data collection report for non-complex projects, highlighting all collected and missing data
- Develop different landscape design options for non-complex projects under the supervision of Design Landscape Architects, in coordination with Urban Designers, Urban Planners, Architects and other relevant design teams, as needed
- Support the development of alternative conceptual landscape designs for non-complex projects reflected in the form of plans, sections, mood boards, perspectives, material boards, as appropriate
- Support the development of comprehensive technical reports, detailing design concepts and soft scape components, irrigation systems, cost estimates, etc.
- Assist in the refinement of selected landscape design option into preliminary and final detailed designs, for non-complex projects in coordination with other design disciplines, including the development of required drawings and graphical materials, as needed
- Develop landscape tendering documents and closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of final specifications, landscape palettes, Bills of Quantities and Conditions of Contract
- Support the tender process, including responding to bid queries and evaluating bids, as required
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, during the supervision phase, including solving design conflicts, conducting site visits and reviewing shop drawings, in close coordination with local design support teams
- Support Project Managers in validating design deliverable's with clients and authorities, as needed, capturing feedback and obtaining approvals
- Review and conduct design checks with Project and Design Landscape Architects.
- Develop different landscape design options for non-complex projects under the supervision of Design Landscape Architects, in coordination with Urban Designers, Urban Planners, Architects and other relevant design teams, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Landscape Architecture.
- 5+ years of industry experience in landscape design.
- BIM/Revit Experience highly recommended and valued during prequalification
- Excellent Leadership and Soft Skills
- Design Management, QA/QC & Value Engineering
- Advanced to Expert Level Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, illustrator & Acrobat Pro)
- Perfect English(Written & Verbal)