- Prepares shortage report as well as shipping handling materials procedure.
- Identifies all major and critical project materials that require special handling and shipping.
- Observe and review the contractor’s progress in the Material of each portion of the work as described in the plans and specifications.
- Review contractors’ proposals for the materials to be used in construction of the works and ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Execute all Materials Engineering activities and maintain technical integrity.
- Work within budget and schedule limits and assist other disciplines to achieve their goals.
- Schedule estimates plan work in alignment with project schedule.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in the Architecture, Engineering, and Planning Industry in a top tier regional/multinational engineering consultancy firm.
- Has experience in the building and infrastructure industry or similar industry and has material controlling experience on large projects.
- Must have thorough knowledge Saudi Arabia customs procedures, Saudi Aramco shipping and materials handling guidelines and Saudi Aramco material access procedure.
- Has demonstrated experience and is recognized as a specialist in the project procurement field on large to mega projects.
- Preferred previous Saudi Aramco experience.
- Membership in a recognized professional safety society
- Knowledge of the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; Arabic is an advantage