The Traffic Engineer is a core member of the Transport Planning & Traffic Engineering team in the design center. He leads the development of transportation / traffic models, network simulations, origin-destination matrices and the calculation of traffic volumes as part of a project team developing overarching transportation plans, such as transportation master plans, traffic impact studies, road safety assessments, etc. He works closely with Project Managers and senior project team members for the review, validation and handover of transportation models to client counterparts and authorities. The jobholder shall stay abreast of the latest trends, technologies and developments in transportation and traffic modeling.
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality and in a cost effective manner
- Support Project Managers with the management of client relations and expectations, as needed
- Support Project Managers in client presentations and workshops, as needed
- Support Project Managers with responding to client clarifications and technical issues, as needed
- Lead and conduct handover of transportation models to client counterparts, as required
- Ensure client satisfaction with transport planning and traffic engineering deliverables
Internal Business Process:
- Conduct data collection for transportation planning and traffic engineering projects in coordination with project teams (e.g. traffic counts, etc.)
- Develop traffic models, network simulations and adapt models to client requirements
- Calculate trip generation, developing origin-destination matrices and calculating and analyzing traffic volumes, as required by project scopes
- Provide input to Transportation Planners for the preparation of transportation planning drawings, including circulation and parking plans, signage etc.
- Provide input to Transportation Planners for the development of transportation and traffic impact studies reports
- Support Project Managers with the validation and review of transportation models and network simulations with client counterparts and authorities, as needed
- Perform peer review on other teams’ transportation models
- Implement corporate policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in the transportation planning and traffic engineering field in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy.
- Familiarity with traffic impact studies and traffic engineering plans
- Demonstrated experience with the development of a variety of transportation and traffic models