The QHSE Director forms a critical part of the corporate function responsible for Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (QHSSE) management across the K&A group which includes Protecting our People, Projects, Design Centers and Offices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
- Identify annual QHSSE budgetary requirements and associated costs for the K&A Group.
- Ensure the effective delivery of QHSSE training and awareness sessions across the K&A Group.
- Communicate and Enforce the K&A Group values and policies for Quality, Safety and Environmental Management.
- Develop, implement and maintain QHSE strategy, systems, policies and procedures for the K&A Region / Geography keeping the QHSE intranet well updated.
- Provide competent technical QHSSE advice and support to the entire K&A Group.
- Develop corporate QHSSE policies and procedures in Design Departments, Regions and Geographies.
- Maintain corporate Quality Management System (QMS) and investigate and recommend changes to the QMS on a periodic basis.
- Define quality & HSSE certification targets (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001) across K&A offices.
- Ensure and maintain good levels of competency for all Regional / Geography QHSE personnel including recruitment stage.
- Fulfil any other reasonable request for the K&A Group.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Engineering or QSHE subject
- Must have OSH Degree, Diploma or NVQ6 (e.g. Nebosh Diploma)
- Environmental Management or ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Certificate (e.g. IEMA Associate, or Nebosh Environmental Certificate)
- ISO 14001 / ISO 45001 / OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor Certificate
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditoror Quality Management Certificate
- Must be OSH registered practitioner (e.g. CMIOSH, CSP, MIIRISM)
EXPERIENCE TO EXECUTE THIS ROLE
- Must have 20+ years in HSE roles which 10 years in construction
- Must have worked for an Architectural & Engineering Services consultant
- Must have 5+ years experience working in the Middle East / GCC
- Must have good knowledge of QSHE systems, certification, compliance requirements and audit programs
- Must understand QSHE regulation and requirements of all Regions
- Must have experience and understanding of dealing with security and medical risks in high risk countries and business travel risk
- Excellent QHSSE technical knowledge
- Good Enterprise risk skills
- Good business travel, security and medical risk knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Team managements skills
- Very good spoken and written English / Arabic is an advantage