The Rail Regulation Specialist shall have bachelor’s / master’s degrees in engineering, economics, business or transport with five years direct experience in regulatory governance and either associated with open-access operations or safety management (as appropriate to the role).
1. Develop the key regulatory principles guiding the regulatory work.
2. Develop a network license and an operator license for train operators.
3. Establish the framework and detailed policies to ensure fair and non-discriminatory access to the rail network and facilities, and develop any other codes and procedures required for SUMATRA to fulfil its regulatory functions.
4. Develop regulations and criteria & procedures for the approval of new railway works; assessment of the adequacy of Safety Management Systems; monitoring and enforcement of safety performance; and accident investigation.
5. Develop the key regulatory principles guiding the regulatory work.
6. Develop the requirements for licensing new railway operators.