This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
Khatib & Alami, a leading multinational & multidisciplinary architectural & engineering consulting firm with over 6000 workforce. We are carrying out Maritime project in Ras Al-Khair, Saudi Arabia [ 100 km from Jubail City ] and we are looking to recruit a Program Lead Planner/Senior Scheduler role; Previous experience in Marine Works, Infrastructure and housing/building projects is preferred; Saudi nationals with Aramco experience is desirable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establishes systems, processes and tools for an effective Schedule Management. Directly responsible for developing and managing the Overall Master Schedule. Providing and/or overseeing critical path method scheduling (via Primavera) for Engineering. Procurement and Construction projects. Perform tasks required to develop and maintain schedules for a package / project. Includes collecting actual dates and quantities installed per schedules, assess progress data supplied by others, and visual inspection.
- Directly responsible for producing the Program Weekly and Monthly Progress Reports and ensure that are consistent and per the approved PCD procedures. Liaise with Quantity Surveyors in capturing the in charge package / project key quantities. Works closely with the MYDP PCD to ensure that Client expectations are being met on Schedule Deliverables.
- Develop detailed Engineering, Procurement and Construction schedules with construction management. May assemble data from variety of sources.
- Responsible for CBS cost loading and quantity resource loading of the schedule. Provide necessary information for Change Orders and claims management_ Tracking actual progress against plan, identify variances and analyze trends Program-wide.
- Ensures that all the Schedule related Processes, procedures are updated and current along with Progress Reporting Templates. Responsible for development and update of the Construction Norms Database for use in Future Works. Responsible for managing the Schedule Change Management System, program wide to ensure that the Progress is being reported from the current approved Schedules
- Leads the schedule development efforts for the Tender Packages for future jobs. Coordination with interface among all packages. Developing schedules for estimates and work to be bid. Coordination with project teams, as needed, to analyze delays and impacts and assist in the development of recovery schedules.
- Liaise procedures including EPM system.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
Qualification, Technical Skills and Competencies Required to Execute this Role
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
Chartered or Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred
Skills: In depth knowledge in the supervision consultants, ensuring that quality control procedures.
Proficiency in spoken and written English; Arabic is an advantage
Experience Required to Execute this Role:
Overall Experience: Expats minimum experience required 15 years, Saudi nationals 10+ years of industry experience in the monitor site performance of the contractor and supervision consultants
Specific Experience: 5+ years of experience in the engineering in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm
Experience in the Middle East projects will be an added advantage.
Desirable: Marine background