The QA/QC Engineer is a member of the supervision team. He reviews contractors’ QA/QC plans at the onset of supervision projects and ensures the implementation of QA / QC electrical procedures throughout supervision projects duration. He conducts periodic quality inspections on contractors and subcontractors and works closely with Project Managers and contractors on addressing identified quality issues.
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality and in a cost effective manner
- Support Project Managers with managing client relations and expectations, as needed
- Support Project Managers in responding to client clarifications on technical and contractual issues, as needed
- Support Associate Project Managers with reviewing, assessing and responding to all claims raised by the contractor regarding scope, schedule and cost changes
- Identify quality non-conformance issues, summarize findings in periodic quality audit reports and recommend corrective action plans
- Implement the QA/QC policies on the construction site and
- ensure adherence.
- Communicate QA/QC procedures and documentation to the contractors on site and ensure all relevant individuals are aware of the procedures that affect their work
- Review the contractor’s QA/QC Plan and agree on any revisions with the contractor prior to commencement of the works
- Conduct periodic quality assurance / quality control inspections on the contractors and subcontractors on site and check compliance to the client’s and the organization quality policies, procedures and standards
- Ensure that all QA/QC documents are filed in an organized manner.
- Support the team during the hand-over and defects liability period, as needed
- Implement corporate policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10 + years of experience in a QA/QC function
- 5+ years of experience in Electrical QA/QC function in a contracting company or a construction supervision function
- Experience with QA / QC activities and inspections on contractors on supervision sites