As a Senior Claims Engineer is responsible for the preparation, review and administration of design-related contractual activities performed. He is accountable to safeguard K&A interests in Claims prepared and administered by the K&A, This includes preparing design contracts, addressing Claims, contractual matters and providing expert claims advice. The jobholder is also responsible to attract, develop and standardise claims capabilities within the team.
Assist the Contracts Director in the administering responsibilities associated with the claims.
Formation and administration of construction / technical services related claims.
- Assist the Contracts Manager with the Claims, pre-qualification of sub-contractors, vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Assist the Contracts Manager to establish Claims procedures for the evaluation and management of change orders and contractor claims. Review contractor proposals and negotiate & formalise contract variations.
- Participate in meetings associated with contract related issues.
- Manage the claims administration activities and provide interpretations of the contract clauses and conditions.
- Assist in project close-out activities associated with Claims, cost and contractual issues.
- Prepare as necessary a summary of each assigned contract establishing and maintaining information essential to the administration /management programme.
- Contract Changes/Claims: commercial evaluation, analyze and negotiate proposals. Change requests, prepare change notices, Change orders / Amendment and Claim logs.
- Insurance and Guarantee: Monitoring adherence to contract(s) provisions, maintain expiration schedule and monitor renewal.
- Invoices: Review for conformance to the contract conditions.
- Final Inspection and acceptances: Prepare certificates for acceptance / close out and maintain the log.
- Ensure that all technical, commercial and legal provisions of contract(s) consistent are compiled by all parties.
- Minimum 10 years of experience.
- Bachelors degree in Civil / Architecture Preferred.