The marketing and public relations specialist is responsible for planning and implementation of the internal and external communications activities to build and maintain a positive image with different internal and external stakeholders and media by acting as a liaison with them. The job holder shall organize official public appearances and events of the organization and other related stakeholders and act as a representative to the organization in media. The job holder will also coordinate and publish content across various printed and electronic channels.
• Develop and maintain organization’s image and identity and continuously lead survey initiatives on stakeholders and media to measure, analyze and assess their perception about the organization accomplishments and social responsibility and provide solutions by developing and implementing public relations and communications strategies and plans
• Responsible for planning and managing the organization preparation and participation in various local and international events by forming work teams, collaborating and leading other organizations, recommend and implement site design and operations, creation of artworks, etc.
• Craft, copyedit, proofread and deliver organization literature including press releases, brochures, promotional photographs and videos, web contents, stakeholders’ reports and content calendars and newsletters in both print and electronic formats for both internal and external audiences
• Assist in development and refinement of uniform graphic standards
• Prepares speaking engagements for officials including speeches, presentations and interviews
• Manage and maintain media, advertising and public relations agencies and audience relations and requests and enhance the organization’s voice and presence through different channels
• Strategize response and present solutions during public relations crises and facilitate dispute resolution with public or other organizations
• Create periodic analytics and reports
• 7+ years of experience with creative branding, strategy development and public relations
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Saudi Arabia of which at least 3 years are in a leadership position
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Communications or Business related field
• Proven experience as public relations specialist or similar position
• Proven track record in organizing and managing high-profile events, establishing successful high-level media relationships and having full understanding of media fabric in Saudi Arabia
• Exceptional copywriting and editing skills and executive communicator and presenter in addition to previous print and broadcast media experience
• Ability to think creatively and strategically working on large, complex plans as well as daily tasks
• Deadline-oriented, detail-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills
• Strong research, analytical, organization and planning skills
• Creativity in using traditional outlets. Familiarity with social media platform is a plus.
• Effective team leader, performance-driven high energy team player
• Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge in photo and video-editing software is an asset
• Candidates to have Arabic as mother tongue, fluent in English
• Engineering and project management background is preferred