This assignment is a work from home due to COVID-19.
This would be an intermittent job; the experts will only be working when asked to.
The project consists of providing technical assistance to the project implementation unit for the development of the Abidjan-Lagos highway.
- Review Feasibility studies and Preliminary/ Detail Designs submitted by Design & Engineering Consultants and issue recommendations.
Must-Have Qualifications and Experience
- Holds a master’s degree or equivalent in Hydraulics & Hydrology or Water resources engineering.
- Must have at least 20 years of proven experience in the field of roads/ highway drainage and river protection design and construction and maintenance of hydraulic structures.
- He/she must have occupied a post of hydrologist/ hydraulic engineer for at least five (5) feasibility/detailed engineering studies of roads including at least three (3) road of at least 100km each and two (2) highway projects such as bridge crossings, river diversions, catch basin runoff modelling, pipe and box culverts, subgrade drainage, storm runoff collection, and disposal. during the past 10 years.
- He/she must have been involved in at least two (2) projects as a hydrologist/ hydraulic engineer in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must have a good command of English or French with a working knowledge of the other language