The Design Architect participates in architectural design activities for non-complex projects in the design center. He closely works with project teams on the development schematic designs, detailed designs and tender documents which accommodate the requirements of the client, local authorities, architectural standards and codes of practice and the requirements of other disciplines. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the architectural design field and represent the firm and share his expertise and knowledge with other team members.
KEY RESPONIBILITIES AND ACTIVITES OF THE ROLE:
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality cost-effectively
- Support Project Managers with the management of client relations and expectations, as needed.
- Support Project Managers in client presentations and workshops, as needed.
- Support Project Managers with responding to client clarifications and technical issues, as needed.
- Ensure client satisfaction with design deliverables.
- Collect internally available data to support project execution
- Participate in discussions with clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
- Refine selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports for non-complex projects, as instructed.
- Coordinate with other design specializations (e.g. Structural, Mechanical, Water & Environment) to coordinate design requirements across disciplines for non-complex design projects of across all design stages (schematic, detailed), as needed.
- Review prepared design deliverables with senior project team members and implement design revisions based on reviews and checking reports, as needed
- Support Senior Architects with design value engineering activities, as needed.
- Support the senior project team with the review and validation of design deliverables with clients and authorities, capturing feedback and obtaining approvals, as needed.
- Closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of tender documents, including specifications, and Bills of Quantities, as needed.
- Provide support to Project Managers in developing periodic progress reports, as needed.
- Assist Project Managers with implementing quality control policies and procedures on design deliverables and conduct peer review on team members’ deliverables.
- Implement corporate policies and procedures.
- Upload design deliverables into the knowledge management repository as per policies and procedures.
- Attend periodic training to further develop relevant skills.
Qualifications, Technical Skills and Competencies Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture.
- PMP Certificate.
- Saudi Engineering Council.
- Understanding of international engineering standards and codes.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; Arabic is an advantage.
- 5+ years of industry experience in architectural design.
- 2+ years of experience in architecture in a top tier regional/multinational engineering consultancy firm.
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the architectural design