The Senior Manager is the subject matter expert on the topic of [speciality] design topics and is a key reference point for his team members. He is in charge of the technical aspects of the design activities of projects of high complexity in K&A. He works closely with Project Managers for the review and validation of design deliverable's and monitors the checking and reviews of all design phases and ensures the proper implementation of all related adjustments and revisions. The jobholder conducts design value engineering in coordination with the Project Manager and design teams.
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality cost-effectively.
- Support Project Managers with the management of client relations and expectations, as needed.
- Represent K&A at the key industry events and conferences.
- Provide technical subject matters expertise to clients during proposal stage and in client meetings during design delivery.
- Lead the development of publications showcasing K&A’s expertise in the field to further promote K&A’s brand in the market.
- Provide sophisticated technical subject matter expertise to design teams during all stages of design delivery (concept design, schematic design, final design) in coordination with Design Managers and Project Managers.
- Lead discussions with clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
- Support Design Manager/Project Managers in the refinement of selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports.
- Closely work with stakeholders for design value engineering for projects of high complexity, as needed.
- Closely work with project teams for reviewing design deliverable's of design projects of high complexity, including conducting detailed reviews and checks.
- Conduct QA/QC reviews on design deliverable's.
- Assist Project Managers with implementing quality control policies and procedures on design deliverable's and conducting peer review on team members’ deliverable's.
- Support during the supervision stage, as needed, including responding to RFIs and solving design conflicts for projects of high complexity, in coordination with local design teams.
- Extensive Revit experience.
- Support in conducting close-out activities and derive lessons learned.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture or PhD is preferred.
- Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred.
- In depth knowledge and proven track record in the architectural specially design field.
- Experience in Middle East is preferred.
- 25+ years of industry experience in architectural design.