The Country HSE Manager manages all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental policy across the K&A operations within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
They implement and enforce corporate HSE policies, procedures and related documents across K&A in coordination with the Geography Heads, Geography HSE Specialists and the Global QHSE Director.
They set HSE targets for K&A’s offices and projects and work closely with Geography Heads and Geography HSE Specialists to support the implementation of our HSE systems. They co-ordinate and maintain the ISO 45001 / ISO 14001 certification across KSA.
They oversee the development of countrywide HSE audit plans and coordinate with Geography teams for the implementation of HSE audits to ensure the corporate-wide compliance with HSE policies, procedures, tools, and templates.
They also lead the development and delivery of HSE training and awareness sessions across the organization in coordination with Geography teams to promote an overarching HSE culture.
Key Responsibilities Areas and Activities of the Role
- Develop HSE policies and procedures and provide support and guidelines for implementation across all K&A offices, projects and people;
- Maintain the HSE Management Systems and investigate and recommend changes to the systems on a periodic basis;
- Oversee the adaptation of corporate HSSE policies and procedures to local requirements across K&A offices within KSA;
- Ensure the compliance of all K&A’s offices with local HSE codes and regulations in coordination with respective Geography HSE staff;
- Define HSE certification targets (ISO 45001 and ISO 14001) across all K&A offices and projects;
- Guide the development of action plans for the implementation of HSE certification targets across K&A offices and projects in coordination with Geography Heads and HSE staff;
- Ensure adherence of HSE system to K&A’s policies, procedures, and standards
- Lead the development of the HSE audit program across KSA Geographies, in coordination with respective Geography Heads and HSE staff;
- Define audit standards, checklists, standard audit findings reports, and corrective action report templates to be consistently used by Geography Heads and HSE staff across KSA;
- Manage the execution of periodic audits in KSA to check the compliance of K&A departments with HSE policies and procedures, including the distribution of audit requirements lists, circulation of audit schedules to relevant stakeholders and the execution of HSE audits on offices, design Departments and supervision sites;
- Identify quality non-conformance issues, summarize findings in periodic HSE audit reports and develop corrective action plans and reports for addressing identified HSE non-conformances in KSA;
- Regularly follow up with relevant stakeholders on the implementation of measures identified in the corrective action reports to address HSE non-conformances;
- Lead the review and consolidation of HSE audit finding reports from regional HSE Units into a consolidated K&A HSE audit findings report and present to the Geography Heads. Global QHSE Director and senior management;
- Prepare periodic HSE performance reports, highlighting key HSE issues across the organization and proposing HSE initiatives to address apparent HSE non-conformance patterns across KSA operations;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a corporate database of HSE audits and findings in coordination with Geography Heads and HSE staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Safety, Engineering or Business Administration
- Environmental management certificate preferred
- ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 Auditor
- Experience with the implementation of ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
- Multi-site experienced preferred
- Construction experience
- Knowledge of HSE certification, compliance requirements, and audit programs
- Understanding of KSA HSE regulations / guidance
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good analytical capabilities
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a variety of stakeholders, including senior management
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic