The Senior Airports Planner leads the design activities and ensures a functional, effective, and aesthetic design for Airport projects, which accommodates the requirements of the client, local authorities, international standards, and codes of practice, and the requirements of other disciplines. The job holder develops concept designs, schematic designs, and detailed designs and participates in the preparation of tender documents for design projects.
- Planning and design of airport landside and airside infrastructure
- Geometric design of runways, taxiways, and aprons
- Flexible, rigid and composite aircraft pavement design
- Acting as a Task Leader and Project Manager on live jobs
- Managing the design process
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high-quality cost-effective work by others.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepares technical specification sections.
- Developing proposals for a new commission
- Review and validate airports design deliverables and monitors the checking and reviews of all design phases
- Provides input to the development of the engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of staff
Qualifications and Skills Required to Execute this Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is an advantage
- In-depth knowledge in all aspects of Airports planning and design, airports pavement design, obstacle assessment, etc
- Sound knowledge of ICAO, FAA, IATA, and UFC regulations and standards.
- Good knowledge of Aircraft pavement engineering and design as well as Earthworks and materials
- Good knowledge in Pavement management systems will be an advantage
- Good Knowledge in Tender documentation
- Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic. French is an advantage
Experience Required To Execute This Role
- 20+ years of experience in the design and planning of airport-related facilities at medium and/or large hub airports
- Experience with engineering Airports design
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the Airports design field