Senior Engineer - Power & Renewable's is accountable for the performance of the Power & Renewable's Sector across the firm. He will define and implement the firm’s power and renewable's strategy and business plan, develop and promote the business, oversee delivery, enforce policies and procedures, ensure quality and manage cost, capacity and utilisation.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Develop the strategic and business plan for the Power & Renewable's Sector in line with all Power & Renewable's Departments, and in coordination with Geographies
- Develop the Power & Renewable's Sector budget and monitor the Sector’s performance against the budget
- Review all Power & Renewable's Sector investments in accordance with the Power & Renewable's Sector’s budget
- Drive the business development and marketing of K&A Power & Renewable's capabilities to clients, in cooperation with Geography Managers
- Lead business development and proposal presentations to major clients, in cooperation with Geography Managers
- Present design outcome to client representatives, as needed
- Ensure client satisfaction with Power & Renewable's design deliverable's
Internal Business Process:
- Lead and manage the Power & Renewable's Sector team towards achieving the business plan targets
- Lead and oversee the design activities for power and renewable's projects, including the design of power generation facilities, renewable energy facilities, power transmission and distribution solutions, overhead and underground high voltage transmission lines, substations, transformers, etc.
- Guide the development of the bid strategy for proposals led by the Power & Renewable's Sector
- Provide input on strategic partners and specially suppliers required for power and renewable's projects during the proposal development stage
- Ensure client design clarification requests and queries during the construction supervision stage are addressed in cooperation with Geography Managers and Resident Engineers
- Enforce corporate policies and procedures within the Power & Renewable Sector, including quality policies and procedures
- Ensure the implementation of risk management policies and procedures, including risk identification and mitigation
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees.
Experience Required to Execute this Role
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in engineering.
- Experience in PV/Wind/Waste to Energy design.
- 8+ years of industry experience in Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry.
- Demonstrated experience in project management where leadership of technical teams has been vital to success
- Experience with municipal / government project management in at least one of the Power & Renewable specialisations