Key Responsibilities Areas and Activities of the Role:
- Lead discussions with Clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
- Develop concept designs for water supply& wastewater, including all required drawings and reports, for non-complex projects, for discussions with clients.
- Refine selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports for non-complex projects, as instructed
- Coordinate with other design specializations to coordinate design requirements across disciplines for non-complex water supply design projects across all design stages
- Review prepared design deliverables with senior project teams and implement design revisions based on reviews and checking reports, as needed.
- Closely work with stakeholders for design value engineering for non –complex projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies /Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is Mandatory.
- Specialization in water supply and/or water transmission systems design and hydraulic modeling (Bentley WaterGems, SewerGems) is Must.
- Chartered Professional Engineering Certification or equivalent is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the water & Wastewater industry in the Middle East.
- Understanding of international engineering standards and codes.
- Good Communication and presentation skills who should be able to represent the company and requirement in presentable format to client.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Good Report Writing Skills and Preparation of Design Basis Report & Tender Documentation.
Experience Required to execute this Role:
- 15-17 years of experience in water and environmental engineering design.
- 15+ years of experience in design in a top tier regional/multinational engineering consultancy firm.
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the Engineering and Planning industry, in particular, related to water & environment.