The job holder prepares, reviews and administers supervision contracts throughout the project lifecycle, starting from proposal development to supervision project delivery and project hand-over. The job holder provides expert contractual advice and support to supervision teams on site, including addressing contractual matters and resolving disputes, as needed.
- Provide expert contractual advice related to the Company contracts to the project teams.
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality
- Provide contractual advice to Project Managers and various disciplines in settlement of claims, variation orders and disputes between contractors and clients during projects, as needed
- Support the Contracts Department in Engineering Services in managing and settling large claims and variation orders arising from design changes during the construction stage.
- Coordinate with the Contracts Department in Engineering Services and the Contracts Section - to ensure adherence to corporate contracts and risk management policies and procedures in supervision contracts.
- Conduct detailed reviews of supervision contracts during the proposal development stage, assessing contractual risks and proposing mitigation measures, as needed
- As needed, seek expert contractual advice from the Contracts Department in Engineering Services and the Contracts – Corporate Office during the preparation and administration of K&A supervision contracts
- Prepare / review contract terms and conditions for K&A supervision contracts, ensuring the safeguarding of K&A interests
- Monitor and administer all ongoing supervision projects in from a contractual aspect
- Assess contractual implication of supervision project scope changes, including suitability of claims, variation orders etc.
- Assess and support supervision teams with the settlement of large claims, variation orders and disputes between K&A and clients related to supervision contracts
- Support supervision teams with the management of contractor claims, variation orders and contractual disputes on behalf of clients, as requested
- Analyze K&A’s risk exposure on supervision contracts and ensure risk management measures are in place
- Implement risk management policies and procedures in the Contracts Section
- Implement corporate policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain an archive of contracts developed by Client, in coordination with the Senior Manager - Contracts
- Attend periodic training to develop relevant skills in contract administration
- Coordinate and share knowledge with counterparts in other Contracts Sections in other Regions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management. Master’s Degree in Construction Management or Construction Law is an advantage
- Familiarity with local laws regulating the engineering / construction sectors
- Knowledge of risk management strategies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- 10+ years of industry experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry
- 10+ years of experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm, specifically in a contracts / contracts administration role
- Experience with standard conditions of contract, including such conditions as those developed by the FIDIC, AIA, EJCDC, ICE, etc.
- Experience in negotiating, writing, and interpreting terms, conditions, and requirements of contractual agreements
- Experience in evaluating and settling claims, and managing disputes
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry, in particular related to contracts