JD of Quantity Surveyor for BDC (Roads & Infrastructure):
- The Quantity Surveyor is a key member of the Quantity Surveying Section in the design center. He/she supports all quantity surveying activities including performing quantity take-off developing cost estimates & Bills of Quantities (based on rate build ups & historical data).
- Perform quantity take-off for road works, bridges, wet & dry utility networks, pumping stations and Sewage Treatment Plant from detailed design drawings to enable the development of Bills of Quantities for tender documents.
- Prepare BOQ based on Standard Method of Measurements (CESMM, POMI & any independent method) relevant to the project deliverables.
- Coordination with Lead Quantity Surveyors, and ensure all key elements are included and comments from relevant design departments are incorporated.
- Coordination with Design team / Specification Engineer to ensure all specifications related to BOQ items are incorporated.
- Support Lead Quantity Surveyors with the consolidation of the final tender documents, as per project requirements.
- Prepare Detailed Cost Estimate based on BOQ with prevailing market rates.
- Closely work with design teams for the preparation of cost estimates at various design stages (e.g. concept design, schematic design, draft final design, tender documents), as needed.
- Conduct a unit rate and cost analysis for various design options presented by design teams, as needed.
- Conduct Value Engineering exercise for various design options presented by design teams, as needed.
- Periodically contact suppliers to research and obtain unit rates to be used for construction cost estimates.
- Support in tendering process, by responding to tender clarifications related to Bills of Quantities, evaluation of contractor’s submission and the preparation of the Tender Analysis Reports.
- Support the calculation of upfront, high-level project cost estimates to Design Sectors and Geographies during the project sales process, as required.
- Ensure client satisfaction with quantity surveying deliverables.
- Implement company policies and procedures.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Good knowledge of quantity surveying best practices.
- Knowledge of international engineering standards and codes.
- Knowledge of Method of Measurements & Contracts practiced in the Asian & Middle East countries.
- Good communication & Interpersonal skills
- 2+ years of experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm, specifically in a quantity surveying role.
- Middle East experience is preferred