- Determine cost estimate targets during the design and development process, while recommending cost-effective solutions.
- Maintain close contact and keep the Client informed of all critical decisions.
- Gather proposals, specifications, and related documents and liaise with stakeholders in order to convert specifications to cost estimates for the project.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure estimates are accurate and to make appropriate adjustments to resolve issues.
- Establish and maintain client contacts.
- Review and closely monitor project business practices to ensure the project cost objectives are met.
- Utilize cost methodologies and tools and appropriate software models to prepare and maintain reliable and accurate data.
- Accountable and responsible for all project invoices and cost reports.
- Initiate funding for preliminary engineering, and monitor Project Proposal and Expenditure Request Estimate development activities.
- Assist in the preparation of Expenditure Request.
- Review and audit Contractor cost control procedures and practices.
- Provide cost input and implement the cost element of change management procedure and risk management plan.
- Determine periodic updates of the Project Forecast.
- Investigate and identify cost reduction opportunities through cost analysis review.
- Contribute to the Project Close-out Report.
Planning for construction:
- Setup a cost structure to support cost collection and control. Within the cost structure, the project Budget Item is subdivided into Job Orders and Phase Codes.
- Coordinate development and implementation of project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) / Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) in coordination with Sr. Project Engineer and Planning/Scheduling Engineer.
Work evaluation throughout construction:
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of products and track actual costs relative to budget and report status on a regular basis to ensure costs are in line with forecasts.
- Prepare and process project change requests for scope changes and/or time extensions.
- Determine, and periodically update obligations with respect to third-party and Client.
Documenting and reporting on construction:
- Prepare project monthly reports.
- Prepare Accountability Reports, Operating Plan, and Business Plan for the Organization.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements, reports, and other necessary documentation at regular intervals to share with others in the business.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in the Architecture, Engineering, and Planning Industry in a top tier regional/multinational engineering consultancy firm
- Knowledge of the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; Arabic is an advantage