Summary: Working with Project Managers and/or Project Sponsors on various projects as a IoT Solution Architect; Resource shall have a working understanding of IoT scenarios across various industries and a strong understanding of building the technical architecture necessary to support those projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure customer success by designing and launching IoT solutions across industry verticals
• Educate internal and external resources on capabilities and limitations of technologies across the IoT ecosystem
• Collaborate with peers in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
• Act as a technical liaison between various working units
• Evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations for investment or inclusion into ecosystem of recommended partners
• Work with engineering teams on a daily basis to ensure solution is developed according to desired architectural approach
• Review and analyze current clients technology infrastructure while identifying, proposing IoT strategies, and deploying and supporting critical IoT solutions
• Support the development and implementation of new business opportunities
• Provide guidance for responses to RFI/RFP/RFQs.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent education and experience, in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering or related field required
• 7+ (5+ Basic) years of experience in application or server architecture, database architecture, and networking
• Experience in IoT or Systems Solutions within Retail, Smart City, Smart Building…
• Understanding of emerging IoT technologies and communications protocols
• Experienced and passion developing IoT solutions
• Experienced working with external and internal customers to implement large-scale solutions
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A passion for working with coworkers and customers to solve problems
• Capable to recommend a complete system architecture solution
• Proven experience in driving complex competitive solution delivery scenarios, working in a collaborative environment and taking leadership of driving opportunities to closure
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Proven seasoned solutions professional with a deep understanding of solution architect and the ability to solve business needs through innovative application of edge to cloud solutions.
• Results-oriented, proactive, confident under pressure and demonstrated success in solution delivery
• Out of box thinker, proposes ideas and solutions that have not yet been tried/tested
• Ability to match the business needs/drivers with the correct technical solution
• Excellent at fitting a solution to a targeted price point and operating expense (and can justify any deviations)
• Enjoys working with IoT Business Development and other key stakeholders to understand market trends, industry needs, and customer pain points.
• Strong leadership skills, planning, excellent communication, virtual-team engagement, time management, negotiation and presentation skills are essential.
• Ability to positively interact with all levels from executive management and sales to hardware & software engineering