The Assistant Resident Engineer works closely with the Lead Resident Engineer for the management of supervision projects, including team management, schedule and cost control, quality and HSSE management, risk management, and client management throughout the project lifecycle. The job holder works closely with construction supervision teams for the delivery of construction supervision projects in accordance with project budgets and schedules while satisfying the projects’ technical and quality requirements. He supports the Lead Resident Engineer with client management and contractor management activities, as needed. He leads supervision teams during all stages of supervision projects, including pre-construction activities, construction activities, and Hand-Over and Defects Liability Period activities.
- Overall responsibility for the construction Supervision activities, monitoring and controlling the contractor’s daily activities and resources
- Support the review of contractors’ QA/QC and HSSE plans with compliance to local codes and regulations in coordination with Resident Engineer, reviewing contractors’
- Requests for Information with the design team to obtain required information related to design documents, coordinating with the QA/QC Engineer for quality inspections on contractors,
- Maintain contact with client and Consultant’s head office including preparation of reports as needed, set meeting logs and prepare minutes of meetings, liaison with public authorities and stakeholders, coordinating with the HSSE Engineer for the implementation of HSSE procedures.
- Maintain control of programming, cash flow, claims, variations, and the quality of construction. Issuing instructions to Contractor and finalizing interim payments.
Qualifications and Skills Required to Execute this Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is preferred
- Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
- Solid knowledge of local rules and regulations
- Strong project management skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in English and Arabic is a must.
Experience Required to Execute this Role
- 15+ years of experience out of which at least 10 years in fields directly related to infrastructure utilities and road works.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and maintaining relationships with clients
- Exposure to all construction supervision aspects, including client management, contractor management, supplier management, contract administration, quality management, dispute management, etc.
- Experience within Iraq is a plus.