KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
• Lead the development of NEOM’s general building code that covers varieties of Engineering topics equivalent to IBC and SBC201.
• Lead the phases and steps for code development process
• Lead the development of code that provides a reasonable level of safety, public health and general welfare through structural strength, means of egress facilities, stability, sanitation, adequate light and ventilation, energy conservation, and safety to life and property from fire and other hazards, in a consistent and efficient approach
• Lead the development of code that Promotes State of the art technologies, encourages innovations and plays as a catalyst for sustainable development and quality infrastructure to keeps NEOM as the best futurist destination.
• Contribute to the following activities regarding your area and multi-disciplinary engineering areas (as applicable):
o Assist with the further development and implementation of procedures and guidelines for the creation of NEOM’s Technical Standards and Codes approvals authority.
o Reviews of manufacturer, vendor and supplier drawings and samples and perform technical prequalification analyses.
• Make presentations to team-mates and NEOM Sectors and Departments.
• Lead and participate in technical workshops for NEOM employees.
• Support teammates to effectively improve team performance.
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Experience and Knowledge
• 15+ years’ proven Engineering experience.
• Experience with a wide variety of building typologies and different structural materials.
• Experience performing design calculations and preparing design reports, construction drawings, and technical specifications.
• General knowledge and orientation in latest trends in Structural engineering, innovation, technology and construction techniques.
• Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines. Skills
• Excellent technical writing skills.
• Demonstrated skills in communication, good relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in English (required).
• Bachelor's and/ or higher Degree in Civil-Structural Engineering from an accredited University.
• Professional Engineering/ Licensed Structural Engineer (PE, MIStructE, SCE Consultant) or similar is a requirement.
NOTE – Research and academic activities may be considered in lieu of years of industry experience