Senior Interior Designer
The Senior Interior Designer leads the interior design activities for medium complex projects in the design center. The jobholder ensures an effective and aesthetic interior design, which accommodates the requirements of the client, local authorities, architectural standards and codes of practice and the requirements of other disciplines. The Senior Interior Designer develops interior design sketches and prepares paints and fabric samples and color palettes for medium complex interior design projects. The jobholder also selects and designs furnishings, assist in artwork selection, accessories and coordinate with internal signage packages for medium complex interior design projects. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the interior design field and represent the firm and share his expertise and knowledge with other team members. He coordinate and help in the preparation of all preliminary layouts received from Architects for Analysis and Validation from Interior design point of view; having in mind the following criteria:
- Helping with optimization of the overall layout flow and utilization.
- Validation of all necessary functional details (Accesses, doors, wardrobes, cabinets, etc…) in terms of location, sizing and installation validity.
- He have to carry out all the correspondence and coordination with other design units during all the project phases, with a clear understanding to the relationship between the projects stake holders.
- He should demonstrate perfect understanding to BIM concepts in general.
- He should have hands-on and good understanding to REVIT software as well.
- He should have hands-on and good understanding in the following REVIT topics:
Model review tools (Model navigation and different view tools).
Models checking tools (Interference check).
Process of linking different file types.
- Hands-on and good understanding to families’ concept and usage.
- He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the interior design field and share His expertise and knowledge with other team members.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality cost-effectively
- Support Senior Project Interior Designer with all project’s demands, as needed
- Support Senior Project Interior Designer in client presentations and workshops, as needed
- Support Senior Project Interior Designer with responding to client clarifications and technical issues on non-complex interior design projects, as needed
- Ensure client satisfaction with interior design deliverables
- Support the collection of internally available data to support project execution
- Develop interior design sketches, prepare paints and fabric samples and color palettes for medium complex projects, for discussions with clients
- Estimate material requirements and costs of different interior design options for medium complex projects
- Refine selected design options into preliminary and detailed designs, including all required drawings and reports
- General knowledge in furnishings, artwork, accessories and internal signage packages for medium complex interior design projects
- Support project teams with the development of the specifications for materials, finishes, lighting, flooring, furniture, fixtures and equipment, as needed
- Coordinate with other design specializations (e.g. Architecture, MEP) to coordinate design requirements across disciplines for medium complex projects, as needed
- Closely work with Project senior interior designer for the review and validation of medium complex design deliverables with clients and authorities, capturing feedback and obtaining approvals, if needed
- Closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of tender documents, including specifications, Bills of Quantities and Conditions of Contract, as needed
- Closely work with Experts and Senior Project Interior Designers for reviewing prepared design deliverables of non-complex projects
- Provide support to Project Managers in developing periodic progress reports, as needed
- Assist Project Managers with implementing quality control policies and procedures on design deliverables and conduct peer review on team members’ deliverables
- Support during the supervision stage, as needed, including solving interior design conflicts, inspecting finishing of interior spaces (e.g. painting, carpeting, flooring) and inspecting arrangement of furniture, fixtures, equipment, decorations and artwork, in coordination with local design support teams Quality Complaints (#)
- Cost of Rework Due to Quality Negligence (% of Revenues)
- On-Time Delivery (% of Submissions.
- Upload design deliverables into the knowledge management repository as per policies and procedures
- Attend periodic training to further develop relevant skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
Qualification, Technical Skills and Competencies Required to Execute this Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field is preferred
- Chartered Professional Engineering certificate or equivalent is preferred
- In depth knowledge in the interior design space
- Knowledge of architectural building systems, sustainability and LEED guidelines
- Good graphic skills from hand sketching and space planning (layouts)
- Good knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment, architectural and interior finishes, lighting, signage, art and color schemes
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software, such as 3D Studio Max.
He/ She should be Proficient in the following REVIT topics:
- Collaboration tools
- Work-sharing workflow.
- Coordination workflow.
- Model review tools (Model navigation and different view tools).
- Models checking tools (Interference check).
- Process of linking different file types
- Proficient understanding to families’ concept and usage.
- Understanding of international engineering standards and codes.
Experience Required to Execute this Role
- 5+ years of industry experience in Architecture / interior design
- 5+ years of experience in the interior design field in a top tier regional; multinational engineering consultancy or boutique interior design firm.
- Strong experience and track record in a variety of interior design projects
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in interior design