K&A Engineering Consultants, India a member of the K&A Global Holding is one of Middle East’s leading multi-disciplinary engineering consultancies. K&A is ranked #8 in the Middle East and #41 globally in the Top International Design Firms by ENR. Our Energy Business established for over three decades provides consultancy, engineering, detail design and field support services to clients for planning, implementation, operation, performance and management of Electrical Transmission & Distribution Networks in the Middle East and Africa. In view of our growth plans we currently have an opening for Senior Engineer- Renewables for overseas projects delivered from our office in Bangalore, India.
The selected candidate will be part of Power & Renewables team and will be key to its growth and delivery of projects. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to grow their career with a well-known MNC engineering consultant.
- Work as part of K&A Power & Renewables team
- Preparation of Design Deliverables for Solar Power Plant (both AC & DC) Upto 100MW.
- Substation Design-SLDs (AC &DC), Layouts, Earthing, Protections
- PV Solar Power Plant Design (both AC & DC) upto the Grid Connection.
- Energy Analysis with PVsyst Software & Preparation of Module layout.
- AC-DC cable sizing & Earthing Sizing.
- Preparation/ Review of Control & Protection Schematics and SCADA System
- Lead day to day liaison with our Middle East and Africa PMs and engineers to ensure project deliverables are developed in accordance with client scope, budget, project schedule and quality requirements.
- Diligent check and review of the deliverables to assure quality.
- Support the Design Manager with resource and other management duties.
- Providing leadership, training, guidance and instruction to new staff members.
- Support project teams, marketing, business development, and technical support.
- Provide support to preparation of proposals, case studies and project presentations.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University.
- Minimum 7 years relevant design experience in engineering environment with Utilities, EPC Contractors or Design Consultancies.
- Able to independently generate project deliverables.
- The ability to develop effective solutions to engineering challenges.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills within the engineering environment.
- Should be familiar with industry codes and standards and have experience as the technical lead on projects.
- Knowledge about latest IS, IEC, IEEE, EN, NEC and other international standards.
- Demonstrable track record of technical achievement and client satisfaction within the power industry.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
- Willingness to travel to Middle East, Africa for short term assignments
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments
- Ability to build rapport with customers and colleagues
- Well-motivated and able to work as part of a team or on individual assignments as required
- Able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to work on own initiative.