Lead Interior Designer
The Lead Interior Designer participates in design activities for non-complex interior design projects. He works closely with project teams on the development of effective and aesthetic interior design, which accommodates the requirements of the client, local authorities, architectural standards and codes of practice and the requirements of other disciplines. He prepares interior design sketches and fit-out detailing, prepares paints and fabric samples and color palettes for non-complex interior design projects. He also participates in the support of the selection and design of furnishings, artwork, accessories and internal signage packages for non-complex interior design projects. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the interior design field and share his expertise and knowledge with other team members.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality cost-effectively.
- Support Project Managers in client presentations and workshops, as needed
- Support Project Managers with responding to client clarifications and technical issues, as needed
- Ensure client satisfaction with interior design deliverables
- Collect internally available data to support project execution, as needed
- Support discussions with clients to determine criteria guiding interior design, including budgets, preferences, etc. for interior design projects, as needed
- Support the development of interior design sketches, the preparation of paints and fabric samples and color palettes for discussions with clients, as needed
- Estimate material requirements and costs of different interior design options
- Refine selected design options into preliminary and detailed designs, including all required drawings and reports under supervision of Senior Project Interior Designers and Senior Interior Designers
- Support design value engineering activities, as needed
- Support the selection and design of furnishings, artwork and accessories and design internal signage packages under the supervision of Senior Project Interior Designers and Senior Interior Designers, as needed
- Develop specifications for materials, finishes, lighting, flooring, furniture, fixtures and equipment, as needed.
- Support the coordination with other design specializations (e.g. Architecture, Electrical) to coordinate design requirements across disciplines, as needed
- Support Project Managers for the review and validation of non-complex design deliverables with clients and authorities, capturing feedback and obtaining approvals, as needed
- Closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of tender documents, including specifications and Bills of Quantities, as needed
- Assist Project Managers with implementing quality control policies and procedures on design deliverables and conduct peer review on team members’ deliverables
- Support during the supervision stage, as needed, including solving interior design conflicts, inspecting finishing of interior spaces (e.g. painting, carpeting, flooring) and inspecting arrangement of furniture, fixtures, equipment, decorations and artwork, in coordination with local design support teams
- Upload design deliverables into the knowledge management repository as per policies and procedures
- Attend periodic training to further develop relevant skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field is preferred
- Chartered Professional Engineering certificate or equivalent is preferred
- In depth knowledge in the interior design space
- Knowledge of architectural building systems, sustainability and LEED guidelines
- Good graphic skills from hand sketching and space planning (layouts
- Good knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment, architectural and interior finishes, lighting, signage, art and color schemes
Knowledge of 3D modeling software, such as 3D Studio Max.
He/ She should be Proficient in the following REVIT topics:
Model review tools (Model navigation and different view tools).
Models checking tools (Interference check).
Process of linking different file types
Proficient understanding to families’ concept and usage.
- Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; Arabic is an advantage
Experience Required to Execute this Role
- 3+ years of industry experience in Architecture / interior design
- 3+ years of experience in the interior design field in a top tier regional; multinational engineering consultancy or boutique interior design firm.
- Strong experience and track record in a variety of interior design projects
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in interior design