The Architecture Engineer is a junior member of the supervision services team. He supports supervision teams with the management of construction sites, including conducting quality and monitoring the contractors’ daily activities and resources allocation against construction programs.
- - Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality.
- - Support project team with managing client relations and expectations, as needed
- - Support project team with responding to client clarifications on technical and contractual issues, as needed
- - Support project team with organizing inspections by third parties, as needed
- - Ensure client satisfaction with construction supervision services
- - Closely work with the project team for the review of the contractor’s work program during the pre-construction phase
- - Support the Associate Project Manager and Planning Engineer with the review of contractors’ submittals.
- - Closely work with Planning Engineers for monitoring contractors’ daily activities and resource allocation against plans
- - Monitor contractors’ and subcontractors’ activities on sites (e.g. concrete pouring, installations, etc.) and maintain a daily site diary accordingly
- - Support project teams with the review, assessment and response to all claims raised by the contractor regarding scope, schedule and cost changes of projects, as needed
- - Assist with reviewing contractors’ Requests for Information (RFIs) in coordination with local design
- - Support teams to obtain required information on queries related to design documents
- - Conduct quality inspections on contractors and subcontractors with the QA / QC Engineer and identify and raise quality issues, as needed
- - Closely work with the QA / QC Engineer on the development and implementation of quality non- conformities action plans
- - Review construction drawings and specifications.
- - Closely work with the Materials Engineer to supervise the testing of materials and checking of materials samples against specifications and standards
- - Review and ensure that as-built drawings.
- - Conduct final inspection of works and prepare list of snags to the contractor
- - Monitor the contractors’ rectification of list of snags during the Defects Liability Period and lead final re-inspection for verification
- - Support the supervision team during the hand-over and defects liability period, as needed
- - Organize inspections by third parties (e.g. authorities) to obtain necessary approvals, as needed
- - Provide input to Planning Engineers for the development of project progress reports, as needed
- § Bachelor’s degree in architectural engineering
- § Knowledge of construction supervision services
- § Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
- § Good communication skills
- § Good planning and organization skills
- § Strong attention to details
- § Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English
- § No prior experience required