- Responsible for all assigned pre-award contract administration functions. Provide supervision, procurement training and technical guidance to contract administrators in contract preparation, formulation, bid evaluation, negotiation and award of contracts for construction, operation & maintenance, consulting studies, engineering and design as well purchase orders for consulting services, equipment and minor construction.
- Responsible for protecting the client’s interests in all contractual matters and insuring client’s policies and procedures are complied with as well as insuring legal and contractual compliance in all contractual matters.
- Provide training, mentoring and technical guidance to contract administrators in preparation of pre-award bid documents, verification of accuracy of bid packages and participates in the pre-award evaluation/negotiation process.
- Review work of other contract administrators for correctness and policy and procedural compliance.
- Plan contract activities, including pre-award schedules.
- Recommend new and revised policies and procedures.
- Participate in training of procurement personnel.
- Advise appropriate Manager on contractual matters and be the principal advisor at the Project level about the strategy for, and the conduct and recording of contract pre-award negotiations.
- Assist in presentations to senior management.
- Perform all pre-award contract administration duties as required and fully participate in the bid, evaluation and negotiation process, including functional role as bid evaluation team lead and negotiation team leader.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the director, supply management and manager, contracting section.
- Assist the Contracts manager in the administering responsibilities associated with the Contract Administration.
- Formation and administration of construction / technical services related contracts.
- ● Assist the Contracts Manager with the pre-qualification of sub-contractors, vendors and suppliers, etc.
- ● Assist the Contracts Manager to establish procedures for the evaluation and management of change orders and contractor claims. Review contractor proposals and negotiate & formalize contract variations.
- ● Participate in meetings associated with contract related issues.
- ● Manage the contract administration activities and provide interpretations of the contract clauses and conditions.
- ● Assist in project close-out activities associated with cost and contractual issues.
- ● Prepare as necessary a summary of each assigned contract establishing and maintaining information essential to the administration /management programme.
- ● Contract Changes/Claims: commercial evaluation, analyse and negotiate proposals. Change requests, prepare change notices, Change orders / Amendment and Claim logs.
- ● Insurance and Guarantee: Monitoring adherence to contract(s) provisions, maintain expiration schedule and monitor renewal.
- ● Invoices: Review for conformance to the contract conditions.
- ● Final Inspection and acceptances: Prepare certificates for acceptance / close out and maintain the log.
- ● Ensure that all technical, commercial and legal provisions of contract(s) consistent are compiled by all parties.