KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
- To design, develop and implement customized GIS solutions (mobile, web, services and desktop applications).
- Work closely with analysts and architects to ensure the solution developed meets the client’s requirements.
- Produce technical designs for client spatial solutions.
- Develop and implement customized client solutions.
- Compile technical documentation for acceptance.
- Ensure that recognized GIS and software development technical standards are followed on all developments.
- Liaise with the IT function to ensure the infrastructure will support the developed solution.
- Act as a point of contact for the GIS/Spatial technical issues.
- Keep abreast of technical developments in the Spatial Market place.
- Willing to be based on UAE and travel as required to countries in the GCC.
- Qualification in GIS, Geography or software engineering discipline with 4-7 years of experience.
- Proven experience in developing geospatial solutions using ESRI suite of products (including ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Mobile, ArcGIS Engine, ArcGIS Desktop ...).
- Good knowledge of ESRI ArcObjects and Model Builder.
- Experience with Telvent ArcFM is a plus.
- Experience of developing web based, mobile based and desktop based geospatial solutions using ESRI products.
- Experience of developing on Mobile GIS platforms desirable (Windows, iOS, Android...) is a plus.
- Good practical knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle Database and Esri ArcSDE.
- Good Knowledge of .Net Framework 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5.
- Good Knowledge of ASP.Net, ADO.Net, Entity framework, WCF and WPF.
- Good knowledge of XML, XSLT, XPATH, Open XML.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle and good understanding of software development industry standards and processes.
- Experience in software design patterns and techniques including object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) using the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Understanding of service oriented architecture (SOA) methods and web-based technologies.