KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
- To design, implement and Operate Communication Equipment
- provide operational support for network services and infrastructure
- Document network designs, configurations and related procedures
- Configure a reliable network that is in line with service level agreements;
- Supervise maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
- arrange Materials and allot required resources and Site engineers for work execution
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, or compatibility with existing systems.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) software to prepare or evaluate network diagrams, floor plans, or site configurations for existing facilities, renovations, or new systems
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as network traffic, security, and capacity.
- Inspect sites to determine physical configuration, such as device locations and conduit pathways
- Work with personnel and facilities management staff to install, remove, or relocate user connectivity equipment and devices
- Experience in Communication Network Planning, Design, &/or Operations
- Experience in Fiber optic cable rollout and High value corporate customer connectivity.
- Experience in Optical Fiber ring network Rollout for Cisco & Alcatel equipment – Fast Ethernet rollout Projects.
- Experience in Copper Cable Rollout from DLC and Cisco Equipment output to customer Connectivity.
- Good understanding transmission protocols PDH/SDH/DWDM/SONET/OTN Network
- Experience in Network Expansion and Augmentation.
- Good Knowledge of telecom equipment.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of GIS data models and standards is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to complete many tasks simultaneously to tight deadlines.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, priority changing environment.
- Accuracy and attention to details are critical.
- Ability to work in a team and independently when required.
- Good command of English is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.