Senior Project District Cooling Engineer
The Sr. District Cooling Engineer will be responsible for steering and coordinating the overall district cooling strategy for the project. The role will involve significant interaction with specialist equipment manufacturers, construction and O&M contractors, plant and network owners, distribution network for water, firewater, chill water, power & communications, consulting engineers and local authorities. The ideal candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of district cooling system best practice, current technology and standard forms of contract.
* Provide leadership in the definition and development of the overall district cooling strategy and ensure that system designs follow current best practice in terms of system efficiencies and overall performance.
*Participating in the process of design reviews and implementation of independent design checks, constructability reviews and value engineering
* Oversee the preparation of contract drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes. Regularly interfaces with other engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
* Leads, manages and coordinates the activities of all engineering staff assigned to the district cooling project; and coordinates with the Infrastructure Design.
* Ensure compliance with local regulations for district cooling projects including liaison with the relevant authorities for plant utility connections.
* Understands all related codes and their application to the project; and overseas/manages the interface with local agencies to coordinate design standards usage and monthly approvals' process.
* Perform value engineering, safety, sustainability and constructability reviews on system designs to the extent required by the contract.
* Reviews contract drawings, specifications and other procurement materials that have been prepared by others and provides comments on the results of the reviews.
* Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
* Provides technical guidance to designers and engineers working on the same project.
* Act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
* Maintains awareness of the project specifications, drawings and design criteria.
* Provides regular reports on progress to the Infrastructure Design; and needs for additional or specialty staffing.
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University with 10+ years of related work experience, preferably with GCC experience.
* Experience in design and construction of mechanical facilities directly related to district cooling plants, chilled water distribution networks and energy transfer stations e.g. large capacity chillers, pumps, heat exchanges, cooling towers, control valves etc...
* Experience in the programming and application of associated software design packages covering load estimation, hydraulic network design, stress analysis and optimization, heat gain etc.
* Understanding of EPC, DBOM, DBOT contracting methods and the respective roles and responsibilities of each party.
* Experience in the testing and commissioning of district cooling systems.
* Experience in design software’s CAD, Civil 3D and BIM Modeling (Revit).
* Fluent in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills. Reporting, presentation and administration skills.