K & A are looking to appoint a Design Engineer/ Energy modeller for the Energy Management to provide their expertise and design knowledge on a variety of high profile multi-disciplinary projects across the ME and abroad.
Although the role will be based in either our Bengaluru office, you will be very much part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering design solutions to clients across the ME. The Building Design practice work on projects across all of K & A key sectors, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to join an internationally renowned consultancy, affording the opportunity to work on large scale multidiscipline projects.
The individual will have the following attributes (but not limited to):
Must be proficient in Energy modelling software ie. All modules of IES-VE, Energy Plus or eQuest
- Undertake Energy Modelling exercise from start to finish with focus on detailed inputs & outputs.
- Analysis of Energy modelling results & reporting of data in an accurate manner.
- Review design drawings and documents from HVAC & Electrical design teams.
- Stay abreast of developments in vendors’ software.
- Co-ordinate with consultants and teams regarding EM requirements to be incorporated in the design.
- Assist in creation & management of client deliverables and reports under guidance from senior team members.
- Be able to read & interpret technical documents & drawings
- Well-rounded understanding of the principles of refrigerant cycles , efficiencies of Electrical and Mechanical system & thermal heat transfer principles.
- Preferably >3 years’ experience in HVAC Design or Energy management related field (Middle East experience is advantageous)
- Experience of Global energy codes such as ASHRAE, CIBSE Etc. (knowledge of rating systems such as LEED, Mostadam, Estidama, is preferred)
- Must be proficient in Energy modelling software ie. All modules of IES-VE, Energy Plus or eQuest
- Understand energy modelling and can interpret modelling results
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English with the ability to communicate results via Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and related software,
- Flexible and open to work with the wider Environment and Sustainability disciplines