The QA/QC Engineer is a member of the supervision team. He reviews contractors’ QA/QC plans at the onset of supervision projects and ensures the implementation of QA / QC procedures throughout supervision projects duration. He conducts periodic quality inspections on contractors and subcontractors and works closely with Project Managers and contractors on addressing identified quality issues.
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality and in a cost effective manner
- Support Project Managers with managing client relations and expectations, as needed
- Support Project Managers in responding to client clarifications on technical and contractual issues, as needed
Support Associate Project Managers with reviewing, assessing and responding to all claims raised by the contractor regarding scope, schedule and cost changes.
- Implement the QA/QC policies on the construction site and
- Communicate QA/QC procedures and documentation to the contractors on site and ensure all relevant individuals are aware of the procedures that affect their work.
- Review the contractor’s QA/QC Plan and agree on any revisions with the contractor prior to commencement of the works
- Conduct periodic quality assurance / quality control inspections on the contractors and subcontractors on site and check compliance to the client’s and the organization quality policies, procedures and standards
- Identify quality non-conformance issues, summarize findings in periodic quality audit reports and recommend corrective action plans
- Ensure that all QA/QC documents are filed in an organized
- Support the team during the hand-over and defects liability period, as needed
- Implement corporate policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 + years of experience in a QA/QC function.
- 5+ years of experience in a QA/QC Mechanical function in a contracting company or a construction supervision function