We are currently looking to fill a full time position as a GIS Coordinator. The GIS Coordinator is responsible for coordinating GIS activities, managing GIS vendor contracts, planning and organizing system development, and other GIS management activities.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring maps are annotated and compiled with the correct information.
- Maintaining the GIS database and troubleshooting data issues.
- Entering new data into the GIS database.
- Drawing maps using advanced computer software.
- Compiling geographic information in the form of satellite images, geographical surveys, and aerial photographs.
- Researching and verifying geographic data.
- Compiling reports using all available GIS and GPS data sources.
The Successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels. Specific qualification includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar field.
- Proven work experience as a GIS Technician.
- Understanding of Integrated GPS and GIS principals.
- Knowledge of modern cartographic standards and principles.
- Computer programming and data analysis skills.
- Statistical, mathematical, and methodology skills.
- Experience in design software including AutoCAD.